1. Spend time in Nature - Are you ever having a bad day and then you walk outside and immediately, your heart feels just a little less heavy? I know that for me, being in nature gives me a sense of peace that I can't feel anywhere else. And bonus? You're usually getting your heart rate up from exploring or just walking to work! Plus, studies show that people who spend more time in nature are significantly less stressed & happier than the average person!
2. Laughter - I don't know about you but for me, laughter really is the best medicine. My entire soul is on FIRE when I'm getting a good laugh in and for me, that usually involves an unreasonably large smile, having a hard time breathing and some very strange sounds exiting my mouth. So watch a funny movie, spend time with friends that make you giggle, do something that makes you laugh so hard you can't control yourself. Not only will your brain get a shot of endorphins, but your abs will get a good workout too!
3. Do A Crossword Puzzle - I am a total Crossword nerd. I love them. My Sunday morning ritual always involves attempting the NYT Crossword. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment, but I just can't stop! And guess what? Doing a mentally challenging activity like that is good for you! In fact, studies have shown that people who do less of these activities tend to have earlier brain degeneration. So do a crossword, read a good book or get your Sudoku on!
4. Have Good Posture - This one is so simple to accomplish and yet so many people go through their days without good posture. I know I always have to remind myself to sit up straight! It's so so important to help promote the flow of energy in your body so try to stand a little bit taller. You'll be amazed at the difference you feel!
5. Eat A Healthy Breakfast - The best thing you can do to get your metabolism going for the day? Eat your breakfast! It always amazes me how many people I meet that don't eat breakfast on the daily. Eating breakfast is key to leading a healthy lifestyle. It sets you up for success each day (so you don't hit that 10:00 slump where you need to eat anything and everything you see) & it gives you a kick in the pants to start your day with!