My favorite thing to do the first week of any year is reflect back on the year & vision for the upcoming one.
I'm a giant DORKO -- I love this kind of shit.
And honestly, it feels SO good to actually take a look back and be grateful for all that we accomplish instead of just enter the year without any perspective, am I right?
It's amazing how quickly we can just forget about the good and focus on all the shit, am I right? It was nice to look back and remember some forgotten wins -- and I encourage you to do the same! You might be surprised what you forgot you rocked out :)
MY YEAR IN REVIEW
- My first getaway was an impromptu cabin adventure with the hubs. The beginning of 2017 was tough for us -- Kev unexpectedly quit his job in February and was unemployed until June so all of the financial burden fell on me. I'm so grateful for coaching and everything it allowed for us financially, and while in the moment I experienced quite a bit of anxiety around it all, it also lit a fire for me to dig deep and level the EFF UP in my coaching business.
- My favorite travel moment was hands down our trip to Ireland to celebrate my dad's 60th. It was the first time all five of us had traveled together, and the first time Kev and I had traveled together overseas! Northern Ireland has a piece of my heart forever.
- Next up was visiting New Orleans for our annual Coach Summit aka a giant wellness adventure and slumber party with my best friends. Favorite moments include hearing Cara Alwill Leyba (aka blogger at The Champagne Diet) talk at our Women Power event and our keynote speaker Brandon Bouchard, dancing on a New Orleans jazz stage with my best gals & learning SO much from all the workshops (I had 50 + pages of notes!)
- In August, I spent the long weekend with my best friends at our family cottage in northern Ontario. I have it as a goal to live there a month out of every year and knowing that I'm getting closer to that being a reality made the trip feel even more incredible.
- In the fall, we had our leadership retreat for our coaching team in Northern Michigan and holy hell was it freaking PERFECT. Fall leaves, crisp air, photoshoots, blanket snuggles -- it was the best weekend with my best friends.
- I invested in the Wellpreneur Business Academy and got incredibly clear on my branding, the kind of women I wanna work with & how to access my full potential as a coach.
- I hosted my first live workshop with my biz partner in crime & it affirmed how POWERFUL events like these are. I loved it so much & I can't wait to do a shitload more in 2018 (stay tuned)!
- I had my first professional fitness/business photoshoot
- I paid off all my credit card debt!
This was actually the first year in our life with no crazy major traditional milestone (you know, get married, buy a house, get a dog -- check, check, check). BUT it still was filled with some wonderful moments to remember.
We got a car! I guess this is a big milestone too? Maybe it just doesn't feel like it since I'm not a big car person.
We watched the total eclipse and it was the most magical thing I've ever witnessed.
I got into the best shape of my life and found my SOULMATE program.
I got to be a part of 4 incredible acting productions that have my heart.
My mom got honored as one of Canada's 100 most powerful women and I got to share the day with her and it was pure MAGIC.
I had SO much fun sharing my heart this year with you guys via the blog.
Here's a roundup of some of my favorite shares:
And there you have it!
What a year 2017 was.
2018 is already looking pretty incredible -- some serious travel plans, opportunities, launches and so much more!
CHEERS TO LIVING OUR FUCK YES LIVES EVERY DANG DAY.
TO SAYING YES TO THE THINGS THAT LIGHT US UP.
AND REMEMBERING THAT EVERYTHING WE EXPERIENCE IN LIFE TEACHES US SOMETHING
What were some of your highlight moments from 2017?