ABS, ASS & ARMS?!? That should be the real name of the program.
You know I'm always gonna keep it real with you guys so here goes...when I first heard about this program, I immediately thought it was NOT gonna be for me.
80 days? Jesus. No freaking way. And workouts longer than 30 minutes? (I've been SPOILED AF the last 2 years of doing workouts that last no longer than 30 minutes a day sooooo I was NOT excited about the prospect of mixing that up.)
But the more I looked into the program and saw how DIFFERENT it was than anything I'd tackled before, I decided to face my fears and dive in head first.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 80 DAY OBSESSION
If you've been reading my blog and following my journey for a while now, you know I'm all about ditching the diet train and making fitness fun, which is why I'm crazy excited about this program because it focuses on transforming yourself in every aspect -- ESPECIALLY internal shifts.
My favorite thing about being a coach isn't watching my clients have massive physical transformations that stick. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking AMAZING to watch the women I work with transform before my very eyes, but it's the internal shifts that they go through that really change their lives. And getting to offer that mental and emotional support to my gals is freaking EVERYTHING to me.
When you challenge yourself, you discover how strong and resilient you really are from the inside out. And I've found that once you start to focus on taking care of your physical health, all of the other areas of your life fall into place. Your mental health. Your relationships. You start to live more on purpose and filled with freaking JOY.
And that's exactly how I've been feeling along this journey. I'm officially at the halfway mark -- day 40/80 BABY! And I'm SO excited about how freaking AMAZING I feel doing this program that I'm already gearing up for ROUND 2 (snag your spot and join me here if you wanna feel the magic too!!)
HERE ARE MY RESULTS SO FAR...
I stopped weighing myself a long time ago because for me, this journey isn't about a number on a scale. I still do measurements, because I'm FASCINATED by how my body changes during various exercises & I've lost 4.5 inches around my waist/legs/arms and GAINED 2 in my booty! Yup, I the booty is ROCKING right now and I'm freaking LOVING it.
And most importantly, I feel STRONGER and more connected to my body than I have in my entire life. Which is KEY for me right now because I'm dealing with some personal things that would leave me a complete mess, and this program is a huge part of what's keeping me grounded and feeling STRONG in my own body.
Mentally and Spiritually?
I have never felt SO much body love in my freaking life. I'm feeling CONFIDENT, SEXY, embracing my curves and never felt more alive in my own skin.
I also feel 100% capable of completing 80 days (hell, I'm planning to go straight into round 2 I'm loving it so much!) so that's a HUGE mindset shift from when I started.
HERE IS MY REAL AND HONEST REVIEW OF MY JOURNEY SO FAR:
THINGS THAT SURPRISED ME ALONG THE WAY:
I know for sure for sure that I feel MY BEST when I’m following a workout & meal plan. As a recovering binge eater( I say recovering ‘cause while I haven’t had a binge in a year and a half, I don’t think we ever fully recover from disordered eating), I tried the whole “intuitive eating” approach, and I intuitively ATE MY FEELINGS. t’s TOUGH to get to a place with our bodies where we can actually trust that the signals it’s giving us are true signals from our bodies, and not just false paths from the preservatives/sugar/whatever the fuck in our foods. And while I truly do feel that I’ve gotten there, for me, structure & planning is what helps FUEL me best & keeps me feeling STRONG.
- There are a few days within the 80 day experience called Refeed days (which is essentially where you give your body simple carbs to Back in my obsessed days, I used to equate carbs to BAD or EVIL foods. And I legit stopped eating carbs for 2 years. Reason # 1939474 why I love this program? It’s SO scientifically based & incorporates refeed days because when you’re working your muscles that much, they need the extra energy. Specifically, it needs GLYCOGEN to help rebuild yo muscles (I get a bit nerdy about this shiz you guys). I usually stick to more complex carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice & quinoa or chickpeas because my skin and body operates at its peak without gluten & simple carbs can often cause inflammation BUT every freaking once and a while, it’s so key for your body.
- To that same vain, I'm SO surprised how far I've come in the past 2 years of my health & fitness journey. Eating white carbs used to send me into a major binge spiral or I'd be guilt tripping myself for weeks and eat less food / over exercise to "make up for it". And NONE of that BS has been standing in my way. I feel more liberated than ever and THAT is a total game changer.
THINGS I LOVE:
- How flexible the nutrition plan is -- it's really more of a guideline which I LOVE, because it gives that structure but you can always navigate within that according to the foods that YOU love and that genuinely make you HAPPY.
- The length of the workouts. YUP, I freaking said it. The longer workouts are my favorite // the pace just feels SO right. WHO WOULD OF THUNK?!
- The workouts themselves. I have muscles working I never knew existed haha.
THINGS I DON'T LOVE:
- This program is not the most ideal for traveling. The sliders & bands are super portable but unless you have constant access to weights, it's not ideal. I DID make it work while in California & Hawaii (sometimes in weird ass ways...I used dishwashing detergent as my weights one day haha), but for big chunks of it I had access to a gym so that helped.
- How SORE this program has made me haha. Epsom salts baths & foam rolling are KEY to a successful 80 days for sure!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
I’ve been getting a bunch of questions on what this program is all about so here are some commonly asked questions I’ve gotten...
Q: How long are the workouts?
A: There are 80 unique workouts in three phases, and each workout has a particular focus — Booty, Total Body Core, AAA, Legs, Cardio Core, and Cardio Flow. The moves may repeat in a phase, but Autumn changes the sets and rep patterns week by week so you keep making progress. And in each new phase the workouts are totally different, with brand-new moves to challenge you all over again. And since the workouts are filmed live, it’s never the same experience twice — it’s like having Autumn as your personal trainer every day!
The 80 Day Obsession workouts are 30–60 minutes in length, with most averaging 45–60 minutes. You’ll work out 6 days a week, with one rest day (Sunday). Because of this schedule, the 80 workouts are spread over 13 weeks. Rest days are not counted as part of the 80 days.
Q: I’ve been really out of the loop on a fitness plan for a long time. Is this program crazy advanced or beginner friendly?
A: 80 Day Obsession is best for intermediate to advanced fitness levels. It’s not a beginner workout, so you should already have a base of fitness before attempting this program. If you’re not sure whether you’re ready for this challenge, don’t worry! You can start with several rounds of A Little Obsessed, Autumn’s 5-day introductory program. A Little Obsessed has shorter, 30-minute workouts featuring some of the moves and equipment from 80 Day Obsession. You can also begin with Autumn’s other beginner-level programs, like 21 Day Fix or Country Heat, and work your way up to 80 Day Obsession // grab your free 14 day trial here to test the waters!
Q: What's the nutrition plan like?
The 80 Day Obsession eating plans are based on the concept of timed-nutrition. Timed-nutrition is simply eating the right foods (especially incorporating protein and carbs) at the right times to help you fuel your workouts, build muscle, and recover from workouts while keeping your metabolism and energy levels high. Over the course of the day, our bodies fluctuate between breaking down muscle and building it back up. Timing your nutrition can help ensure your muscles have the protein they need during those building-up phases. YAY SCIENCE!!
Light/med/heavy weights, resistance loops & sliders (those come in your package!)
And there you have it! Can't wait to share where I'm at the end of this amazing test group experience. It's amazing what happens when you choose to BELIEVE in yourself (and watch in-fucking-credible women in your fit fam do the same FOR 80 DAYS.)
Something shifts inside of you & that consistency factor you were never able to attain? That habit of putting your health & happiness first every single day?
It goes from a DREAM to your REALITY.
And if you're ready to feel the magic, snag your early bird spot for our next round kicking off April 23rd.
Imagine how much your life could change in 80 days if you decided to fully invest in YOU.
How many shifts you could see take place within you.
The woman you would emerge in JULY being.
I see it, do you?