EPISODE SNEAK PEEK
" It all started with a cleanse for me...it propelled me into this whole dieting world. I went raw vegan for a while and this is what I consider my anorexic phase. I was eating nothing but raw vegetables and cold soups. I was so malnourished and I held onto that for over a year."
Rini Frey is a fitness instructor, TRX trainer and Eating Disorder Recovery online coach, in addition to being a wife and a momma to her Boston Terrier Bruce. She believe that all bodies are beautiful and deserve to be labeled as fit. Being fit and healthy is a feeling more so than a look and she is beyond excited to be part of the body positive movement.
Her entire adult life was plagued by various eating disorders and now that she is recovered, she's made it her mission to help women embrace their bodies as they are. To focus on what their bodies are capable of, instead of what they look like.
Here are a few things we discussed in today’s episode:
- Her journey battling anorexia and bulimia
- How she started her recovery process and the specific habits she had to break
- Why she was afraid of eating carrots
- Her favorite small daily actions that help her feel at home in her body
- What to say to/do with your inner mean girl
- Why overexercise can shut down your natural hormonal patterns
- Her thoughts on the body positivity movement
- Why I went gluten free
- Intuitive eating -- how does it work? Is it right for you?
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Bullymake -- use code: LYFYL for $10 off your box
BOMB ASS WAYS TO CONNECT
Join our community where we chat all things real talk, and you get the inside scoop on guests, a chance to ask questions & be surrounded by a tribe of ladies who GET you!
Shout out the pod on Instagram and tag @liveyourfuckyeslife to get featured on the podcast!