EPISODE SNEAK PEEK
" I think I was being real and authentic and unfiltered for the first time. I was able to be really raw and I was able to write what I was really feeling, even if it was dark, and I was afraid to admit it to myself."
In 2013, Katie Dalebout launched the weekly podcast Let It Out which now has over 100 episodes. She’s the author of the Amazon best-selling book Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling (Hay House, 2016) and has contributed to Hello Giggles, Refinery29, and Mind Body Green. Through her speaking and writing she aims to help people develop a positive image of their bodies by embracing their creativity & personality outside of their physicality.
Here are a few things we discussed in today’s episode:
- The cycles of obsessions and addictions we face as human beings
- The highs and lows of writing and publishing a book
- Her big move to NYC and how that has impacted her (and some of her fave spots to hit up!)
- An inside look into her love life, and how she navigates long distance
- The weird things our moms did for us growing up
- Her path to discovering journaling, self help & personal growth
- How to deal with people not liking who you are
- Our thoughts on social media
- A sneak peek of what's to come down the line for her biz & the let it out community
- Our distaste for the word and concept of balance
- Her LOVE for popcorn
NOTES FROM SHOW
Katie's podcast, Let it out
Check out her book, Let it out: A Journey Through Journaling
Episode with Latham she mentions: 188 | LATHAM THOMAS ON NON-ATTACHMENT, FINDING COMMUNITY, WHAT FEMINISM NEEDS, THE VALUE OF BEAUTY, GLOWING + MORE!
BOMB ASS WAYS TO CONNECT
Join our community where we chat all things real talk, and you get the inside scoop on guests, a chance to ask questions & be surrounded by a tribe of ladies who GET you!
Shout out the pod on Instagram and tag @liveyourfuckyeslife to get featured on the podcast!