EPISODE SNEAK PEEK
" Women would talk about it together but we kept it to ourselves. And I reached a point where I'm not afraid of who is willing to hire me and who isn't. If they don't want to work with me because I'm speaking out about how it's messed up how women are treated in this community, then they're not my people."
Harmony France is the artistic director of the world's first feminist musical theatre company, Firebrand Theatre. She is a casting director, teacher, actress, singer, home-style guru, writer, activist, and Navy Veteran.
Here are a few things we discussed in today’s episode:
- The TRUTH of what it's like to be an artist in Chicago
- The mission behind Firebrand theatre and why she started the first equity feminist theatre
- The fat shaming and harassment we've experienced in the theatre community
- The "is this why" rabbit hole
- The moment when she joined the navy that sparked her journey with body dysmorphia
- How we individually choose to show up as an artist every day
- The theatre experience that changed my life
- The power of not taking the easy way out
- Launching a company and having her dad pass away the same week
- The behind the scenes of launching a business and the mess along the way
- The path to happiness *hint* it's not what you expect
- The top 3 tool for tackling your to-do list
LINKS MENTIONED IN TODAY'S EPISODE
Bullymake discount code: LYFYL for $10 off your box
BOMB ASS WAYS TO CONNECT
Join our community where we chat all things real talk, and you get the inside scoop on guests, a chance to ask questions & be surrounded by a tribe of ladies who GET you!
Shout out the pod on Instagram and tag @liveyourfuckyeslife or leave a review on itunes to get featured on the podcast!