EPISODE SNEAK PEEK
"A lot of the times we have stories going on in our heads about sex or pleasure in our heads that we don't even know are there. And they're from the media or our familIes or 'Mom told me that if you do x y and z you're a slut' so I can't do those things, and you have no idea that that's playing in the background the whole time and that's why you're not orgasm-ing in bed."
What would it look like to revolutionize how we share, teach, and talk about sex, relationships, and mental health? That’s exactly what Rachel + Kyle Wright have set out to do. Wright Wellness Center is bridging the gap between a self-help book and a therapist’s couch — bringing psycho-education to life and equipping people with the tools they need (and that our society doesn't teach us!) to have fulfilling and healthy relationships and lives.
Here are a few things we discussed in today’s episode:
- The story of how Rachel & Kyle met
- The effect building a business together has had on their marriage
- Where my love of post it notes started
- How to move out of the "roommate trap" in your relationship, and why you're in it in the first place
- Communication tools to open the door to a happy and healthy relationship
- How to actually understand the emotions you and your partner are experiencing
- How to get back to being intimate when you've lost the spark in your relationship
- Love languages as a tool for understanding how you show love and receive love
- Why putting yourself first is CRUCIAL for your relationship
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Bullymake -- use code LYFYL for $10 off your box!
BOMB ASS WAYS TO CONNECT
Join our community where we chat all things real talk, and you get the inside scoop on guests, a chance to ask questions & be surrounded by a tribe of ladies who GET you!
Shout out the pod on Instagram and tag @liveyourfuckyeslife or leave a review on itunes to get featured on the podcast!